0

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday warned of another explosion similar to the Davao City night market blast that killed 15 people if the government continues to ignore the problem of Moro insurgency in Mindanao. Duterte was speaking before victims and the families of those who died in the Roxas Night Market blast on September 2. "There will be another explosion. Believe me. If not in Davao, then somewhere in Mindanao, maybe in the other parts of the country especially," he said.




ADVERTISEMENT

"Siyempre kung ikaw rebelde, gusto mo nang paalala sa mundo na, 'Nandito kami, inaapi kami, hanggang ngayon, wala kaming nakikitang solusyon...' It could be terribly wrong, totally wrong just to disregard ito," he said. He added that this was the reason he showed pictures of slain Muslims at the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit earlier this month before an audience that included United States President Barack Obama. "Kaya ko ipanakita iyan. Sabi ko, 'Why there is so much hatred in Mindanao,'” Duterte said. “Puputok ito nang puputok,” he added.



Duterte said during discussions, it is a younger generation of Moro rebels that bring up the atrocities of American soldiers. "Itong mga bata, I really tried to find out bakit so everytime makita ka, iganoon nila sa akin, and they would say: 'Mayor — mayor man tawag sa akin, hindi presidente — we can talk about other things but we will not talk peace for until now Americans are still directing the war against us.' Kasi nakikita nila sa kampo ang mga Special Forces ng Amerikano," said Duterte. "Para sa kanila, tayo ang army, ang nagdi-direct ang Amerika pa rin... Ana ang mga bata, 'Unless you drive Americans out of Mindanao... Hindi talaga kami papayag... Bobombahin at bobombahin talaga namin ang mga lugar kung nasaan sila,'" Duterte added



SPONSOR

Duterte reiterated his statement that American forces needed to get out of Mindanao for peace talks to prosper. He also warned that younger Moros are easy targets for recruitment by the Islamic State. “Kasi itong mga batan-on — the young, they do not belong to an organization. But they are already identified with the ISIS. They have sworn already allegiance to the ISIS. Iyang ISIS walang ginawa kundi magpaputok ng buong mundo. Kaya iyan ang pinkaproblema natin,” he said.



gma news

SHARE YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ISSUE?

PLEASE SHARE OUR WEBSITE TO OTHERS AND LIKE OUR FB PAGE FOR MORE NEWS UPDATES

Duterte Media Supporters

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter

Post a Comment

 
Top