(2nd UPDATE) President Rodrigo Duterte will not be attending the townhall interview of Go Negosyo hosted by Kris Aquino because he is not feeling well, it was announced on TV5 on Friday. The interview had been widely promoted and advertised by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Go Negosyo Foundation, and TV5 on newspapers and TV ads, and on state-run station PTV 4. Go Negosyo founder Joey Concepcion, however, said Duterte had to skip today's event at the SMX Convention Center in Davao City due to a "bad migraine."
"Minsan ang mga first date hindi natutuloy," said Aquino on stage after she was introduced by Concepcion. Aquino said she does not know why she was "snubbed." Aquino, looking slimmer in a green dress, said she lost weight just for the exclusive interview.
"Minsan ang mga first date hindi natutuloy. President Duterte pinaghandaan kita, nag-dyeta ako ng dalawang linggo," Aquino said on stage at the SMX Convention Center in Davao City. (Sometimes, the first date doesn't push through. I even prepared for this, went on a diet for two weeks) She hopes that her cancelled meeting with Duterte will still push through in the future.
"President Duterte, please give me a chance. I hope one day mamahalin mo rin ako (one day you will love me)," she said. She also shared that she talked to her brother on the phone after learning that Duterte won't make it to the event. She said her brother told her not to back out of the event. "Nagtanong ako sa kuya ko kung dapat kong ituloy. Tumawag po ako at sinabi ko, Noy, I'm alone. Sabi ko sa kanya, what do I do? Sabi nya, 'You made a commitment. Nandyan ka para sa GoNegosyo, nandyan ka kasi you believe in the Philippine economy, and nandyan ka because you want everybody to be included in the growth of our economy,'" she said.