0

'Masyadong blatant na,' says former PNP chief MANILA - Senator Panfilo Lacson advised Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa to do something about erring policemen to preserve the good image of the police force. This, after evidence showed that the November 5 killing of Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr. was premeditated.




ADVERTISEMENT


"If there's anyone here who understands law enforcement, especially kung ano ang buhay ng pulis, ako siguro 'yun. Ako, I for one, I can speak for myself. I can give you so much leeway doon sa inyong enforcement. Pero pagka masyadong blatant na, with impunity, I think as chief PNP, you should do something," Lacson told Dela Rosa in a Senate committee hearing on Wednesday. (If there's anyone here who understands law enforcement, especially the life of a policeman, that's me. I for one, I can speak for myself. I can give you so much leeway with your law enforcement. But when it becomes very blatant, with impunity, I think as chief PNP, you should do something.)




"Alam mo 'yung konting liko liko, ako, I can close my eyes, pero kapag ganito na, kapag sobra na, hindi ba dapat kumilos na rin 'yung chief PNP kasi kapag hindi ka kumilos, kawawa yung iba eh, 'di ba," Lacson added. (I can close my eyes to small things, but with big issues like this, when it is too much, shouldn't the chief PNP do something? Because if you don't, others will suffer.) Dela Rosa, for his part, agreed with Lacson, adding that he knows how it is to work under his guidance.



SPONSOR

"Alam ko kung paano mo ni-lead 'yung PNP during your time, at 'yan po ang gusto kong sundin, pero mukhang hindi ko yata kaya Sir kasi 'yung standard mo'y mahirap sundan. Nag-iisa lang 'yung General Lacson, ako si Bato lang." (I know how you led the PNP during your time and that is the standard I want to follow but it is difficult because there is only one General Lacson.) Lacson was the chief of the PNP during the Estrada administration. Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre also said he thinks the killing of Espinosa may have been "premeditated," adding that the serving of a search warrant at 4:30 a.m. was "very unusual."



abs-cbn news

SHARE YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ISSUE?

PLEASE SHARE OUR WEBSITE TO OTHERS AND LIKE OUR FB PAGE FOR MORE NEWS UPDATES

Duterte Media Supporters

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter

Post a Comment

 
Top