MAGUINDANAO - Assorted high-powered firearms, ammunition, vehicles, motorcycles and other items were confiscated in a law-enforcement operation in Talitay, Maguindanao on Wednesday.
According to 6th Infantry Division commander MGen. Carlito Galvez, Talitay Mayor Montasir Sabal used the weapons and vehicles to prevent authorities from going after his drug syndicate.
"Parang pinagmalaki niya ito eh na kaya niyang depensahan yung lugar para 'di talaga mapasok ng military at PNP.
Gusto niya talaga mabuo 'yung sindikato. Alam naman natin na isa siya sa pinakamataas dito sa Mindanao.
Nakikita natin ang machinery niya ng illegal drugs," Galvez said.
Sabal, however, denied the allegations.
He said the firearms were owned by the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
Sabal's father, Commander Rambo 5, was a brigade commander of the 105th Base Command of MILF. The items confiscated by Maguindanao police and troops from the 6th Infantry Division
High powered firearms
- 2 caliber .50 machine gun
- 2 60mm mortar
- 2 81mm mortar
- 2 improvised barret
- 4 caliber .30 machine gun
- 2 BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) caliber .30
- 1 M16 with m203 - 1 M203 40mm
- 1 double barrel shotgun
- 1 Garand rifle Ammunition
- 8,834 rounds for 7.62mm
- 411 rounds for 7.62mm ball
- 250 rounds of caliber .50 ball
- 449 rounds caliber .50 API Link
- 3,446 rounds caliber .30 ball
- 792 rounds caliber .30 ball w/ clip
- 2,264 rounds 5.56 mm ball
- 409 rounds 5.56mm ball
- 47 rounds caliber .30 ball
- 1 Hummer
- 1 Toyota Vios
- 1 Kia Bongo
- 1 Hilux (silver)
- 1 Ford Ranger
- 1 Mitsubishi Montero
- 1 all-terrain vehicle
- 1 Hilux (white)
- 1 Mazda Also taken were 22 assorted motorcycles.