0

MANILA - The chief of the Philippine National Police said Monday he was willing to go to jail if it is proven that he violated the law when he accepted a free trip to Las Vegas.


 The Ombudsman last week said it was investigating whether Director General Ronald dela Rosa violated the code of conduct for public officials when he watched Senator Manny Pacquiao's last boxing match at the lawmaker's expense. 


"Kung talagang lalabas sa investigation na ako ay may kasalanang nagawa, then I’m ready to go to jail. Ikulong nila ako, okay lang sa akin. Magpapakulong ako, kung talagang ako’y nagkakamali," Dela Rosa told reporters.




ADVERTISEMENT


(If the investigation determines that I was at fault, then I'm ready to go to jail. They can imprison me. It's okay. I will go to jail if I did something wrong.)


 "Basta what is important is that I am honest, hindi po ako nagsisinungaling. Sinabi ko lang yung katotohanan para transparent tayo. Kung nagawa ko yun, I’m man enough to go to jail if proven guilty," he added.


 (The important thing is I am honest. I didn't lie. I spoke the truth, for transparency. If I did that, I am man enough to go to jail if proven guilty.)






SPONSOR

Dela Rosa was at ringside in Las Vegas last week when Pacquiao stopped Mexican Jessie Vargas to claim the World Boxing Organization welterweight championship.


 Pacquiao reportedly bought some 2,000 tickets, worth almost $1 million, and flew in some of his friends from government to watch his comeback fight.



Source: abs-cbn news

SHARE YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS ISSUE?

PLEASE SHARE OUR WEBSITE TO OTHERS AND LIKE OUR FB PAGE FOR MORE NEWS UPDATES

Duterte Media Supporters

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter

Post a Comment

 
Top